Here are the Recommended Top 10 Things to Do When Visiting the state of Maryland
Explore Inner Harbor: Visit Baltimore's Inner Harbor, a vibrant waterfront area with attractions like the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center, and historic ships.
- Tour the U.S. Naval Academy: Visit Annapolis and take a guided tour of the United States Naval Academy, where you can learn about the history and traditions of the Navy.
- Explore Assateague Island: Visit Assateague Island National Seashore, known for its wild horses, pristine beaches, and nature trails. You can also enjoy camping and kayaking in the area.
- Visit Antietam National Battlefield: Explore the site of the bloodiest one-day battle in American history at Antietam National Battlefield. Take a guided tour to learn about the Civil War and its impact on Maryland.
- Discover the Chesapeake Bay: Enjoy activities like boating, fishing, and crabbing on the Chesapeake Bay. You can also visit charming waterfront towns like St. Michaels and Oxford.
- Tour the Maryland State House: Visit the Maryland State House in Annapolis, the oldest state capitol in continuous legislative use. Take a tour to learn about Maryland's political history.
- Explore the Historic District of Frederick: Wander through the charming streets of Frederick's Historic District, known for its well-preserved 18th and 19th-century architecture, boutique shops, and art galleries.
- Visit Fort McHenry: Explore Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine in Baltimore, the birthplace of the U.S. national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner."
- Experience the National Museum of African American History and Culture: Visit the Reginald F. Lewis Museum in Baltimore, dedicated to showcasing the history and contributions of African Americans in Maryland and beyond.
- Enjoy the Maryland Renaissance Festival: Attend the Maryland Renaissance Festival in Crownsville, an annual event that brings the 16th century to life with jousting, live performances, crafts, and food.
No matter what your choice, you are rest-assured to have a wonderful time in the state that brought you terms like "wicked pissa" and "lobsta". And if you are up to it, stop by Maryland-Gifts.com and grab some excellent memorabilia from your trip!